Highlights from this month's edition:
POLAND SIGNS DEAL TO BUY GAS FROM U.S. (
RFE/RL) Poland’s state-run gas company says it has sealed a 20-year deal to buy liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the United States in a bid to reduce its dependence on Russian supplies.
CONCERT MARKS INDEPENDENCE CENTENARY.
A concert in Warsaw for 50,000 people will be one of the highlights of November celebrations marking the centenary of Poland regaining its independence.
SALUTES PULASKI. President Donald
Trump saluted Polish American hero Casimir Pulaski, who was being commemorated in the United States on October 11.
HIGH-SPEED RAIL FOR V4 STATES.
Transport ministers from Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary have agreed to build a high-speed rail link between their four countries, said Poland’s PAP news agency.
Duda Extolls American Polonia
Film Review: The Rhythm of Two hearts: Paweł Pawlikowski’s Cold War
IN THIS MONTH’S PRINT EDITION
- Polish Museum of America Recognized by UNESCO
- The Basics of Wigilia
- Rosary Hour Begins 87th Year of Service
- Secretary of State Visits Cleveland
- Poland’s Risky “America first” Policy
- Defense Minister Blaszczak Visits National Katyn Memorial
- Court Strikes Down Pro-abortion Requirement
- Rev. Msgr. Anthony Czarnecki 2018 “Pride of Polonia Award” Recipient
- Celebrations Mark 40th Anniversary of St. John Paul II's Election
- PMA and Dar Serca Host Art Exhibit
- Ribbon Cutting in Ashton
- Polish author Olga Tokarczuk Draws Crowds Across the United States
- Zalipie comes to Minnesota, Maybe
- Reska Elected President of Buffalo-Rzeszow Sister Cities
- “Uprising” Presented by Polish Chair, Arts Club, and Legacy Project
- Piano Competition Set for March
- The Wrestler Who Made Milwaukee Famous
- The Personal Account of a Polish Slave Laborer
- Algren Polonia at Chicago’s Polonia Triangle
- Still rising after 81 years: The Roskos’ Family Polish Yeast
- Krawski Weighs Sale of Historic Inn and Facilities
- Planning Ahead: Three or More-course Wigilia Supper
- Obits: Colonel Jozef Zawitkowski, Last Living Soldier of his Polish Underground Unit; Wanda Horbacewicz
Denisiewicz, Catholic Holocaust Survivor; Thomas P. Kula, Member of the Ampol Aires
- 15th Century Barge Unearthed Outside Warsaw
- The Legacy of Chain Migration
- Polonian Places: Three Ways Inn Restaurant
- Your Enamelware — Made in Poland?
- A Tradition that Spans Miles and Generations
- Poland’s Armed Forces Saluted in Washington
- and more!